- Studying at the University of Georgia (graduation in December 2018)
- Preparing my return to serious competitive chess after nearly eight years!
- Working toward the “1000 pound club,” a goal that requires the sum of my 1-rep squat, deadlift, and bench press maxes to be greater than or equal to 1000 pounds. My peak is ~900 pounds (230 Bench Press, 310 squat, 360 deadlift), but I’m probably closer to 750 lbs now.
- Working toward a Wilks Coefficient of 300. The Wilks Coefficient is a measure of strength (as determined by squat, deadlift, and bench press 1RMs) that accounts for sex and body weight to make it possible to compare, say, a 125 lb woman with a 185 lb man. I’ll probably hit this goal around the time I join the 1000 pound club. My peak Wilks score is ~265, but it’s probably closer to 225 now.
- Serializing my book, Remain Free, at http://remainfree.com/read-online so anybody can read it for free.
- Freelance software development work around building rating and ranking systems
- Hosting the ever-rare episode of Overripe for Disruption
Also, I currently float between Atlanta and Boston.
- A personal contact manager that helps me keep in touch with people better
- ChessDB, the data-driven chess database I wish I had when I was a very active competitive chess player
- Completing every problem and implementing every algorithm in Algorithms 4th Edition by Sedgewick and Wayne (and posting it on Github, of course).
- Completing every problem and implementing every algorithm in The Algorithm Design Manual by Skienna
- Movie and book recommendations based on your friends and your preferences, perhaps cross-referenced with Netflix/Amazon catalog
- Automating a few websites I run
- Working through my Future Writing list
- Book reviews
Maybe some day
- Finishing this list (I’ve got a text file called “Stuff I want to do” on my computer, so I’ll need to dig that up).
Last updated April 2018